Android App Developer is responsible for designing, developing, and maintaining applications for the Android platform. They work closely with a team of designers, product managers, and other developers to create innovative and user-friendly Android applications that run on a variety of devices.
JOB & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop Android applications using Java or Kotlin programming languages.
- Implement user interfaces (UI) based on design specifications and user experience (UX) guidelines.
- Integrate with backend services and APIs to fetch and display data in the app.
- Ensure the application's responsiveness, performance, and overall quality.
- Identify and fix bugs, glitches, and performance issues in existing Android applications.
- Perform regular updates and maintenance to keep the app compatible with the latest Android versions and devices.
- Write clean, modular, and well-documented code following best practices and coding standards.
- Maintain technical documentation for the app's architecture, features, and functionality.
- Conduct unit testing and participate in integration testing to ensure the reliability and stability of the app.
- Collaborate with quality assurance (QA) testers to identify and address issues during the testing phase.
- Work collaboratively with a team of designers, product managers, and other developers in an agile development environment.
- Participate in code reviews to provide feedback and ensure code quality.
- Prepare and submit applications to the Google Play Store, adhering to the submission guidelines and requirements.
- Stay updated with the latest Android development trends, tools, and technologies.
- Continuously learn and apply new skills and knowledge to enhance the development process.
REQUIREMENTS & PROFILE
- Proficiency in Android app development using Java and/or Kotlin.
- Experience with Android SDK, Android Studio, and related development tools.
- Familiarity with Material Design guidelines and best practices for UI/UX design.
- Knowledge of version control systems, such as Git.
- Understanding of mobile app architecture patterns (e.g., MVC, MVVM).
- Strong problem-solving and debugging skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a team and communicate technical concepts clearly.
- Experience with backend integration using RESTful APIs and web services.
- Knowledge of SQLite or other local databases for data storage.
- Previous experience publishing apps on the Google Play Store is desirable.
- A degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related field is advantageous.