An iOS App Developer is responsible for designing, developing, and maintaining applications for Apple's iOS platform. They work closely with a team of designers, product managers, and other developers to create innovative and user-friendly iOS applications that run on iPhones, iPads, and other Apple devices.
JOB & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop iOS applications using Swift or Objective-C programming languages.
- Implement user interfaces (UI) based on design specifications and user experience (UX) guidelines.
- Integrate with backend services and APIs to fetch and display data in the app.
- Ensure the application's responsiveness, performance, and overall quality.
- Identify and fix bugs, glitches, and performance issues in existing iOS applications.
- Perform regular updates and maintenance to keep the app compatible with the latest iOS versions and devices.
- Write clean, modular, and well-documented code following best practices and coding standards.
- Maintain technical documentation for the app's architecture, features, and functionality.
- Conduct unit testing and participate in integration testing to ensure the reliability and stability of the app.
- Collaborate with quality assurance (QA) testers to identify and address issues during the testing phase.
- Participate in code reviews to provide feedback and ensure code quality.
- Prepare and submit applications to the Apple App Store, adhering to the submission guidelines and requirements.
- Stay updated with the latest iOS development trends, tools, and technologies.
- Continuously learn and apply new skills and knowledge to enhance the development process.
REQUIREMENTS & PROFILE
- Proficiency in iOS app development using Swift and/or Objective-C.
- Experience with iOS frameworks and Cocoa Touch APIs.
- Familiarity with Apple's Human Interface Guidelines (HIG) and best practices for UI/UX design.
- Knowledge of version control systems, such as Git.
- Understanding of mobile app architecture patterns (e.g., MVC, MVVM).
- Strong problem-solving and debugging skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a team and communicate technical concepts clearly.
- Experience with backend integration using RESTful APIs and web services.
- Knowledge of push notifications, Core Data, and offline storage is a plus.
- Previous experience publishing apps to the App Store is desirable.
- A degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related field is advantageous.